- Posted by Jessica Bennett
- On February 5, 2017
- 0 Comments
Health is Wealth is our mantra. We try to live healthy by eating the right food and exercising regularly. As long as we are in a healthy state, life is always good. However, at any point in our lives, we may need immediate medical attention. Illness or getting injured are always unplanned. Unfortunately, seeking medical treatment can be quite costly nowadays. It can even drain our finances entirely.
Injury and illness are where health insurance becomes essential. Health insurance takes care of many medical attention expenses. It can protect us from health and financial perils at the most inconvenient of times.
I personally had found it beneficial to seek advice from the best health insurance agents near me for peace of mind when I suffered a work related injury. The best health insurance agents will explain to you exactly what types of coverage is available to you, and the best rates available.
How Health Insurance Protects Us and What to Look for in a Plan
• Outpatient care is covered. This is absolutely crucial for preventive care. Preventative care helps us maintain healthy lives and avoid illness.
• Emergency services are available. Whatever happens to us we can be brought to the nearest hospital and avail emergency services.
• Hospitalization. Our inpatient needs are covered. This includes surgeries and overnight stays.
• Pregnancy, maternity, and neonatal care are covered.
• Prescription drugs are covered. Typically we are prescribed drugs after hospitalization. We must be sure that prescription drugs are covered.
• Medical services for mental health and substance abuse. This includes psychological/psychiatric treatment as well as counseling.
• Rehabilitative services, including physical rehabilitation devices, used. This ensures that our insurance covers services and tools for physiotherapy and other rehabilitative needs.
• Preventive and wellness services. This depends upon which type of health insurance we require. Mostly, but not all health insurance covers for services like screening and immunization shots should be included.
• Laboratory services. This comes with outpatient and inpatient services.
• Pediatric services. Oral and vision care are typically included.
• Additional benefits. Dental and vision requirements may be covered for adults depending on the plan available. Breastfeeding and Birth control services are also included with most insurance plans.
How Does Medical Coverage Protect Us from Financial Risks?
Getting sick is expensive. Having coverage shields us from incurring excessive medical bills which may drain our savings and empty our pockets. While there are still premiums, you need to pay as well as copay’s and deductibles, the bulk of medical expenses can be covered by proper insurance. What is left that the insurance carriers don’t cover much more affordable, and we can even schedule out our payments.
Do not let a medical misfortune be a financial disaster. You should opt in for a health plan that will cover you and your family. Most of us get covered through our employers. If your employer provides coverage, you will not be required to get government insurance or marketplace coverage. However, if your employer doesn’t provide these benefits, you need to shop around and buy the best plan for you.